Kid Connexion is a place on Sunday mornings where we offer a safe environment for fun, age-appropriate learning about God! Our goal is to grow children into faithful followers of Jesus Christ who know God’s Word, have a personal relationship with Jesus, and are engaged in His mission in the world.
You can expect a safe, clean, loving environment for your kids at Connexion Church! Our children's programs are located downstairs during the worship service, and our volunteers are screened for your safety.
Here are some procedures we have to ensure a secure environment:
- Please discuss any specific instructions for your child with the teacher. Instructions can pertain to food allergies, needs such as a bottle or a nap during the service, potty training or any other details on caring for you child. Your willingness to do this during the drop-off process will allow our volunteers to better serve you and your child.
- Parents are asked not to enter the classrooms. When dropping off or picking up children, please hand them to a volunteer over the gate or at the door. This helps our volunteers keep a good structure at drop-off and pick-up times.
- A snack is served to the children during the 10:30 service. If your child requires a different snack for any reason, or if you do not want them to have a snack, please let the classroom volunteer know.
- Our volunteers will try to calm upset children for 10-15 minutes before contacting a parent. Please make sure to leave a contact phone number with the volunteer so that they can reach you if needed.
- Children will only be released to parents or guardians that are listed on the approved pick-up list. If you would like someone to be added to the approved list, please let the classroom volunteer know.
Kid Connexion offers multiple options for our younger kids. We want to keep your kids as safe as possible while they are playing and learning, so we have divided the baby and toddler rooms into 3 age groups during our 10:30 worship service:
- Infant Nursery. Located upstairs, this room is designed for small babies. We offer many infant amenities like swings, bassinets, jumpers, changing tables, and cribs to meet your child's need. This room targets babies until they begin to walk.
- Ones Room. Located in our Kid Connexion area downstairs, this room is geared for growing babies. The classroom is designed with mobile babies in mind, with small toys and a larger area to move. The target age for this room is walking-24 months. On his/her 2nd birthday, children will move on to the next class.
- Toddler Nursery. This room is one of our largest classrooms downstairs to ensure lots of play space and movement for our toddlers. The classroom is equipped with many toys, including a small slide, tunnel, and many ride-on toys. The toddler nursery is designed for children ages 2-4 years of age.
Our preschool-kindergarten room is geared for children 4 years old through Kindergarten. Kids have a mixture of play time and learning time in this class. All instruction is done on an age-appropriate level, and students are often given creative opportunities to experience the Bible!
In order to maintain age-appropriate learning, our elementary students are divided into 2 age categories during the 10:30 worship service. These children are not dismissed from the sanctuary until after the music portion of the service.
- 1st-3rd Grade. Students in these grades will experience the truth of Scripture with hands-on learning. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students will play fun games, learn a memory verse, see object lessons, and get creative with lesson-based crafts!
- 4th-6th Grade. Students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade experience God's truth in a hands-on manner. Through object lessons, interactive activities, and real-life application, the lessons are designed to take root in the lives of these kids!